- Smooth shift: The shifter will still be in pain and leave a mess, it will only be less so than it is for shifters who have not learned this power.
- Moon Blessing: Some shifters are able to soothe or heal other shifters with their touch. It works differently for everyone, it can be just physical closeness over a certain amount of time, it can be kissing or licking wounds. This ability will not completely cure injuries but it will prevent the worst and initiate or speed up the healing process. Proper medical care will still be needed for traumatic injuries.
- Cloak aura: The power to mask or hide the distinctive aura and pass for a human for 12 hours. The cloaking can still be disrupted by a Master Vampire's call and it needs 48 hours of recharging. The recharge 'timer' starts upon activation of the ability.
- Pheromones (Human form only): The shifter is able to release some of their beast's pheromones also in human form. This is done in order to enhance their 'stage presence' or to attract possible partners. The effect will be noticeable in close vincinity of the shifter (not more than 5 meters from their position) and lasts for 30 minutes ; the results vary, depending on the nose sensitivity of the target audience. The ability will always have effects, but anything more than noticing a slight change requires OOC consent. If someone doesn't want to be with you, Pheromones will not change that. They might, however, make someone who is already attracted to you and is too shy to admit it, more likely to act on it.
- Enrage (Beast form only): The ability to channel the feral instincts in order to overpower an opponent in a fight. This lasts for 3 RP posts and greatly enhances strength and attack speed of the shifter. Everything comes with a price, though: The use of this ability means tunnel vision and makes the shifter more vulnerable and less focused on their surroundings for the duration of the effect.
- Camouflage (Beast form only): The shifter can optically meld with their surroundings and greatly reduce the chance for others to detect their presence. Masking scent or aura is not possible and the effect will be cancelled upon moving or after 3 RP posts.
- Alpha-Form: The shifter can change into a 3rd form besides their standard human and standard beast form and becomes a 'classic' were, taking on part of their bestial appearance but staying partly human. This were-form or alpha-form is what we know from movies when people, for example, change into a werewolf. Even in Alpha-form, the shifter will not be able to speak. It works the same way as 'normal' shifting does, including pain and mess.
- Ad libitum: The ability to change into beast form at will and without any present trigger, as well as shifting back to human form without the penalty of passing out into a comatose sleep. Shapeshifting still takes a lot of energy and even an Alpha will need to replenish it with a decent amount of protein rich food.
- Fragments of the Beast: The Alpha can temporarily show and use certain characteristics of their bestial appearance also in human form. This includes, but is not limited to, eyes, teeth, claws or fur and lasts until the fragmental change is cancelled.
- Command Change: The Alpha is able to draw on their metaphysical power to force a shifter of the same species to change forms. The use of this ability is limited to twice within 24 hours (to be able to complete one shifting cycle from human to beast and/or vice versa) and leaves the alpha very exhausted and unable to repeat the process for at least 48 hours. Requires OOC consent; If used on another Alpha, it requires dice roll or an OOC agreement on the outcome as Alpha shifters have a chance to resist this ability.
- Display Dominance: Even in human form, the Alpha is able to connect to their beast and enhance the potency of their alpha aura. This is usually used to get a point across in arguments or to claim leadership in a situation that needs someone to make the decisions. Some may even use it just for fun or to cow someone, some may use it to boost their own confidence for a short while, it depends on the personality of the shifter. It's not a permanent effect and can only be kept up for 30 minutes. After activation of the ability it needs 24 hours to recharge before it can be used again.
- Metaphysical Rift: The alpha shifter, as long as they are awake, can mentally slip into the metaphysical realm and draw on their power to disrupt a Vampire's call by creating a Metaphysical Rift that blocks said call. It is not possible to keep this effect up indefinitely as it will drain the Alpha until they finally pass out if they don't stop. If the shifter is strengthened by a group bond (aka. is a group leader), they can extend the temporary protection to those bonded to them. The success of this ability depends on the power of the vampire; young ones are relatively easy to block, a Master might be able to work around the Metaphysical Rift. Thus, either a dice roll or OOC agreement on the outcome is required if it's Alpha shifter vs. Master Vampire.
Group Leader only Ability
Shifter group leaders (Ulfric/Lupa, Rex/Regina, Nimir Ra/Raj etc.) who have other shifters bonded to them, gain this power at the moment of successfully claiming leadership. It is part of their "job" and does not need to be balanced with an additional weakness.
- Orbis Regis - Summon Kin: A racial leader chooses to use this ability to call their pride/pack/pard, it weakens them into a state of not being able to protect themselves for 24 hours. It must only be used under extreme circumstances, Need your pack/pride/pard and it's not life or death? Use the phone.