Misconceptions about vampires
- Vampires can fly: No, they can't. Not in Ebon Ridge. (We know it's in the books, but we are not canon). They are incredibly fast, though.
- Vampires have no reflection: They have normal reflections in mirrors, water etc.
- Vampires can not be seen on photos: This also is not true. There are many photographs that show vampires.
- Vampires can turn into an animal: No, they can not assume an animal form. This myth most likely started with a vampire using their superhuman speed and leaving their animal servant behind.
- Vampires can turn into mist: No, they simply can't do that.
- Vampires are repulsed by garlic: No, garlic will not keep you safe from a vampire's bite. Most vampires dislike the smell and will not order garlic pasta at the Ristorante (if they would actually eat normal food), but it will not in harm them in any way. They are not repulsed by it any more than other people who hate garlic.
- Vampires eat and drink normally: No, they don't. Technically they can, but it will make them very sick for hours and weaken them considerably for about a week. So while it's physically possible, no sane vampire does that.
- Vampires can impregnate/conceive: No they can't. They are dead. Vampires procreate by turning humans into vampires and not by making babies. Vampires can, however, have sex of course. Some of them are very sexual creatures.
- Some Vampires are "Daywalkers": No, there are no Daywalker vampires in our lore and there won't be any exceptions. Vampires go to sleep when the sun rises and they wake up after sundown.