Vampire Strengths & Weaknesses
- Physical strength: As a vampire ages their strength increases up to 3x human strength.
- Superhuman speed: Vampires can move in a blur of speed, so fast the human eye is often not able to see it. Nothing that is not able to literally teleport will be faster than a vampire. They are known for easily catching and overpowering their prey for a reason.
- Immortality: It is believed that vampires are immortal. As long as they feed regularly there have been no known cases of a vampire dying of old age, though insanity is known to corrupt an ancient mind. A vampire can be killed via a stake to the heart or removal of the heart or brain.
- Healing: They can heal from most injuries relatively quickly (a knife wound for example takes a few minutes to heal) as long as they have fed recently. If a vampire has not fed recently, healing takes longer. If stabbed with a holy item or silver, healing will take longer and at times cause pain to a vampire.
- Senses: Vampires senses are on par with those of the shifters. They are able to see, hear and smell with great skill and ease.
- Sunlight: No tanning for vampires, they will feel pain and will burn if touched by sunlight. If in contact for too long they have been known to combust and turn to ash (please do not use this as a party trick)
- Invitations: A Vampire cannot enter a home without invited in. An invitation can be withdrawn at any time and the vampire will be pushed from the home or have a sudden reason to leave. Technically this also applies for businesses, but as they are considered to be open for everyone, vampires can enter them. The "permission" can be revoked though.
- Master's Call: No matter the age a vampire will always be under the call of their master or creator. They are subject to their masters will no matter what.
- Silver: A touch of silver will cause a vampires flesh to burn, it will heal at the same rate as a human and tend to leave scars or welts upon a vampires flesh.
- Vampires and Weapons: While Vampires will be able to use all weapon types, they can not use weapons containing silver or silver elements. That means no silver bullets, no silver blades, no silver in any weapon. And yes, this also is true for Master Vampires.
- Holy Water: this is not to be bathed in or used to wash behind the ears as it is similar to acid on a human, it will cause massive damage to the flesh of a vampire.
- Religious Items or Locations: A vampire will feel repulsed by items which hold a belief or religious continuation to them. The bearer of such an item must have true belief in it for it to work. This also comes to religious locations such as a church. Graveyards are an exception.
- Fire: A vampire is a dead thing, Flame enjoys their flesh and is sometimes considered a 'pure' item to some vampires. If too close a vampire can catch a light and burn to ash.
(Text by Lady Phoenix & Harvey Delcon)